A popular program for borrowers who plan to keep the loan less than five years, the 5/1 ARM is a loan with a fixed rate and payment for the first five years and then turns into an adjustable rate mortgage for the remaining 25 years of the loan.. The primary advantage of the 5/1 ARM is a lower initial rate and payment than available on a 30 year fixed rate mortgage or the 7/1 and 10/1 ARMs.
The interest rate and payment is fixed for the first 60 months of the loan’s 30 year term. At the end of the 60 months, the interest rate adjusts to the lower of:
1. The Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) plus 3.00%, or
2. The initial start rate plus 5%.
Thereafter, the interest rate will adjust every 6 months to the lower of:
1. The Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) plus 3.00%,
2. The previous rate plus 1%, or
3. The initial start rate plus 5%.
We offer the 3 main adjustable rate mortgage program options, with the fixed rate portion of the loan ranging from 5 years to 10 years. Visit our specific ARM rate program pages to see how each can benefit you!